Avaya Product Notices are published on the Avaya Support site and are not normally replicated on the DevConnect portal. However, E-Notifications on support.avaya.com is an application that will let you subscribe to email notifications when documents are added or changed on the Avaya Support web site. You can select specific types of documents, and even specific types of documents for specific products.
E-Notifications will allow you to streamline your information for specific product families,you are working with as well. Avaya offers the capability to subscribe to e-notifications so you can keep informed around changes to:
- End of Sale and/or Manufacturer Support Notices
- Product Correction Notices (PCN)
- Product Support Notices
- Security Advisories
- Services Support Notices
How To setup the E-Notifications Service:
Note: This section is only accessible to registered Avaya customers and business partners with an SSO login.
A. Steps to login to support.avaya.com:
- Go to the Avaya Support site: http://support.avaya.com.
- Assuming you do not already have an Avaya SSO login ID, select the REGISTER NOW option located just besides the log in Username field on the Avaya Support home page. The page having title as 'Sign Up For Your Avaya Support Account' gets displayed.
Note: If you already have an Avaya SSO login ID, skip to Section B.
- On the Sign Up For Your Avaya Support Account page, select "No Relationship" in the My Relationship with Avaya drop-down.
- Complete the rest of the form including your email address, which will also act as your username, and the password you want to use for logging in.
- Read and accept the "Terms and Conditions".
- Click SUBMIT - a message is displayed confirming your registration.
- Select SUPPORT HOME to return to the Avaya Support portal home page.
B. Setup the E-Notifications:
- LOG IN to support portal using correct credentials.
- Select Set E-Notifications under Alerts & Reports in the menu bar at the right bottom of the page.
- This should display the E-NOTIFICATIONS page.In case, if you don’t see the E-Notifications page, you may see the Information Page. On Information page, Click on your name, displayed on left top side menu. The expanded menu will have E Notifications menu, click on it to display the E-NOTIFICATIONS page.
- You will see the options where you can set general notifications and/or notifications for specific document types for specific products.
- You can further customize the notifications you get, by selecting products and product release information.
- You can edit already selected product’s document properties and also will be able to Add new products - a list of available products is displayed.
- Select the product you are interested in - a list of available types of Product Notices is displayed.
- Select the product- and select the specific release number or you may would like to select "All and Future". Click the selection box to the right of that document type for which you would like to receive notifications
- Click Submit - a "Submission Successful" message is displayed.
- Repeat steps 6 to 9 for each product you are interested in.
- You may would like to click on “My notifications” displayed in this page to display e-NOTIFICATIONS page to make any changes in existing product or general notifications.
Remember, in addition to using the E-Notifications service, you can go to the Avaya Support site at any time to access Avaya Product Notices without needing to register or log in.